Hello everyone! It is exactly 12:00 AM, and the official start of 2018! So, what a better time to post about my goals and plans for this year?
January-March: Not much really went on in these three months from what I can remember. I’m sure I had fun during them with a new year and all. If I did do something, I don’t remember it. *scolds the remembering part of my brain*
April: I pestered my sister endlessly about letting me doing Camp NaNoWriMo, but she didn’t let me, so yeah. -_- I did get to peek into the chat a lot and learned Madi is crazy in a great way. XD
May: I started my blog, Near but Far to post my writing. I was super excited to have a WordPress site!
June: Summer break started! My friend (who we will call Sabi) came and visited me for the first time since we moved to Florida! We went to the beach and got REALLY sunburned. I’m not even kidding, it was awful. And a little later (I think, it could have been before) my cousins came to visit. 😀
July: We celebrated Independence Day with a bunch of friends. We had hamburgers and homemade ice cream. We also shot off fireworks in my backyard. It was epic. Oh, and not only did I participate in Camp NaNo for my first time (WIP: The Forgotten), but I also left my cocoon of four states for the first time in my life! We went to Nauvoo, Illinois to see church historical sites, and from there we went to see Arches National Park, Temple Square in Salt Lake City, the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, a lot of corn and small canyons, the Colorado River, the BYU campus, and the Rocky Mountains.
August: I decided to leave my Blogger blog and began to create this blog. After a while of messing around with templates and such, I created this amazing (if I do say so myself) site! Oh, and school started! That was ok. XD
September: School was in full blast at this point. On one weekend, some friends came to stay overnight and have a short visit. Otherwise, I did some blogging and added finishing touches to this blog. 😀
October: The Georgia vs Florida football game was on, and a bunch of my family came over to watch. Georgia won for the first time in three years! *celebrates* We also had the trunk or treat at my church, and not too many days after we went trick or treating. Lots of people liked our Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, and Thing 2 costume trio idea. 😀
November: I kind of participated in NaNoWriMo, working on my WIP Chocolate Waffles. Yes, I know, such a mouth-watering title. XD Also, two books I had been waiting to come out for ages were released (Nightfall by Shannon Messenger and Renegades by Marissa Meyer). They were awesome! Thanksgiving also happened, and we went to my grandparent’s for that. 😀
December: Christmas! I got some epic stuff, including a stylus, lots of gum, and a super fuzzy blanket. I also celebrated my two year blogiversary on Mixing Colors and Writing Words, and then I announced this blog!
My favorite reads of 2017:
Dragon Slippers, Dragon Flight, Dragon Spear—Jessica Day George; The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure, The Fever Code—James Dashner; Nightfall—Shannon Messenger; Dragonwatch—Brandon Mull; A Wrinkle In Time—Madeleine L’engle; All Fall Down, See How They Run, Take the Key and Lock Her Up—Ally Carter
My favorite songs and album releases:
Something Just Like This—The Chainsmokers & Coldplay; Symphony—Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson; Warmer In Winter (album)—Lindsey Stirling; Inside a Dream (EP)—Echosmith; Just the Beginning (album)—Grace VanderWaal; Runner Runner—The Merrell Twins
As you can tell, my year was amazing. But now it’s time for another great year. Time to step aside 2017! 2018 is here, and I’m going to do everything I can to make it as awesome as possible.
January: I’m going to start this year with a BANG! We leave to Washington D.C. in just a few hours, and I’m about to burst from excitement! Don’t worry, I will do a post on my trip complete with photos. 😉
February: Hopefully I’ll be caught up on school at this point because I’m pretty behind on some subjects. *glances at math* *laughs nervously* Oh, and Valentine’s Day! I’m going to do my best to make valentines for my friends this year.
March: Not much is happening this month, I think. I will, hopefully, be completely caught up on school. If I’m not, then I am already disappointed with myself. XD
April: I WILL BE CAUGHT UP ON SCHOOL. ahem. Camp NaNoWriMo is this month which I am super excited for! I can’t wait to chat with my cabin mates again. I think I will work on my idea Atmospheres (which I plan on being SUPER EPIC. hehe). Hopefully nothing will prevent me from doing it. I believe my parents are going to Spain at the end of the month, and they’re not taking me. *sniff* My sister says that one day she’ll go to Ireland, and she’s NOT going to take my parents with her as payback. XD
May: My parents will be back at the beginning of the month, following the end of Camp NaNo. We should be wrapping school up if I caught up in February (XD). Then summer break comes, leading to three months of FREEDOM! Already I cannot wait. XD
And that’s about as much as I know about going into this year. XD (Am I putting too many “XD’s” ? Oh well, I suppose you’ll just have to deal with it until the end of this post XD). I do plan on redecorating my room and painting a lot this summer since we probably won’t travel that much. I will do Camp NaNo in July and NaNoWriMo, also. 😉
- Exercise four times a week (doubtful)
- Eat bit healthier (hopefully XD)
- Read 100 books
- Say my morning prayers every morning (I always forget :)
- Read my scriptures every day (I usually forget on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Finish 7 paintings (or more)
- Improve my handwriting (it’s really bad 🙄)
- Spend more time outside
- Clean my room every day after school (this one will probably be a challenge XD)
- Continually clean out my closet (once a month, maybe?)
- Be more diligent in my studies. (Not that I’m not already diligent, I just need to stop taking such long breaks and procrastinating subjects)
- STOP PROCRASTINATING
- Write in my journal at least three times a week (this one actually shouldn’t be that hard)
- Fast a full fast every fast Sunday without complaining (even if I really am about to die from starvation XD)
- Spend less time on the screen and more time reading (this kind of contradicts going outside more XD)
- Finish three values in Personal Progress (a program in my church for girls from the ages of 12-18)
- Actually complete 5 pieces of digital art
Blogging and Writing Goals:
- Keep to my blogging schedule (I’m supposed to post twice a week)
- Finish writing at least one of my WIP’s (ya know, I started writing 2 years ago and have not even finished a first draft)
- Be more organized in my posts (shouldn’t be to hard)
- Update my blog more often
- Write 3000 (or more) words a week
- Reach 50 followers (hopefully more :D)
- Comment more on other people’s blogs
Things I Want to Try in 2018:
- Eat a bowl of whipped cream and strawberries with my sister while we watch a movie
- Go horseback riding (doubtful, but it might happen)
- Do baptisms for the dead in a temple besides the Orlando Temple
- Start a YouTube Channel (it might be fun)
- Meet a blogger friend (crossing fingers it’ll happen)
- Try spray-paint art
- TAKE OVER THE WORLD MWAHAHAHA. ahem. Just kidding!
Book and Movie Releases I’m SUPER Excited For:
Book 7 of —Shannon Messenger; Wires and Nerve: Gone Rogue—Marissa Meyer; Quests: Dragon Bones—Lisa McMann
The Incredibles 2; Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald; A Wrinkle In Time
I hope to make 2018 the best year I have ever experienced. So to wrap things up, happy new year, Hoodians!
Are you excited for the new year?
What are your goals for 2018?
What made 2017 great for you?
* I do not own any of the featured images except for the separators, sign-off, temple photo, and Grand Canyon photo. All other credit goes to the original owners.